Double Hung Windows
The Traditional American Window
Easy to Clean. Custom-Designed. Beautifully Installed.
What is a double hung window?
The double hung is considered by many to be the traditional American window.
It’s styling features two vertically-operating sashes, allowing for maximum ventilation.
The windows are classic in design, from the sleek sight-line interlock and the routed tilt latches, to the clean-looking, crisp balance covers.
These “simple” elements prove the Clear Choice Energy Solutions is concerned about even the seemingly small details and that a window can be beautiful and energy efficient.
Our Double Hung Window Features & Benefits
- 12 point, fusion-welded frames and sashes add strength and long term durability
- Insulated, multi-chambered frame construction increases thermal performance
- Maintenance free, solid vinyl lineal that never needs painting
- Tilt, rotate, or lift window panes in for easy cleaning inside your home
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum screen frame with BetterVue fiberglass screen mesh
- Slim interior sash design allows for greater glass area
- Triple-seal weatherstripping at the sill and head pocket. Triple Dual-seal on the sash.
- Double hung features a sloped sill for water drainage
- Air infiltration rate that’s 600% better than industry standard
- Over 40 feet of weather stripping in an average window
- Foam filled frames and sashes
- Interlock on bottom and middle of window