Casement & Awning WindowsAesthetic beauty, security and utility are all included with our casement windows.
Aesthetic beauty, security and utility are all included with our casement windows.
Casement windows crank out like a door on a hinge. They can open outward either to the left or right, and can be joined together (mulled). It is not uncommon to see double casement and triple casement combination.
An awning window is similar to a casement turned on its side, except that it has different hardware. This special hardware allows it to hinge at the top and open toward the outside from the bottom.
Casements and awnings can be combined in many ways to create very dramatic palladian-style window walls. The combination window walls can improve the entire look and feel of your home.
Casement/Awning Features & Benefits
- Multiple insulated glazing systems
- When closed and locked, the casement window is secured with a continuous interlock system.
- Aesthetically-superior beveled edge sash design
- Extruded heavy screen frame blends into the frame for a sleek look
- Fold-away nesting handle
- Heavy-duty hardware with ratcheted gear operation
- Multi-point locking system which operates from a single locking bar
- Opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning from inside the home
- Smooth, scissor-style operator with fold-away nesting handle
- Dual-locking handles for added security
- Quick-disconnect clips on operator allow 90 degree opening for easy cleaning from inside the home